Monday, November 10, 2008

21 meals

I just read somewhere that most family meal plans consist of 21 "Family Favorite" meals,
In other words, most families have about 21 meals that are the standard fair at the dinner table.
This got me thinking....
If I had the ingredients for just 21 meals in my freezer and/or pantry at all times, I would never have a moment of "Oh Crap!! What am I gonna make for dinner?!?"

How great would that be??
So I had to figure out, what are my 21 meals?
I like to try new recipes, so you never know what you'll find on our plates.
But, as I tried to think of our 21 meals I realized that we do, in fact, have about 21 meals that are always in the rotation. They are my standby meals. Everyone loves em and they are our comfort meals.
Here is my list in no particular order.
I didn't include side dishes, just the main course.

21 meals

1. spaghetti
2. smothered steak
3. grilled steak
4. bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts
5. beef stew
6. Cajun chicken fettuccine
7. Pork tenderloin
8. Meat loaf
9. Jambalaya
10. Roast chicken
11. Breakfast
12. Pork chops
13. Burgers
14. Hamburger gravy
15. BBQ/smoker foods
16. Chicken Ceaser salad
17. Chicken Breasts w/ Stuffing
18. Lasagna
19. Mexican Lasagna
20. Taco Salad
21. Fajita’s

What about you?
What foods are in your list?
I'd love to see some of your favorite family meal ideas!

No comments: