Monday, November 10, 2008

Blueberry Buckle

See this moist, luscious Blueberry Buckle?
It's yummyness on a plate.
It captures fresh summer blueberries and turns it into one of my favorite treats.
Today was a happy/depressing/proud/pouting kind-of a day.
Why? you ask...


Well... My first born... Worker #1, turns 16 years old today.
I am the mother of a 16 year old boy!

To make things worse....
I am the mother of a 16 year old boy who is in "love" for the first time.
His girlfriend "M" is totally sweet, totally cute, and they make a very good couple.
She is the kind of girl I would have picked for him, amazingly enough.

But... But... I am SOOO not ready for this!!!


I was not ready to walk in and find them smooching today.
I was not ready to hear him say "I love you" before they hung up the phone.
I was not ready to have him like her birthday present more than mine.
I was not ready to watch her get the last long hug before he left to work for the summer instead of me.
And.. I certainly was not ready to see that lone tear roll down his beautiful cheek knowing it was because he was going to miss her and instead of me!

Here is the happy couple
**sigh**


For a brief moment in time today I had my baby boy back.


He wanted Blueberry Buckle for his birthday cake,
for a moment he was once again my cute baby boy with the big hazel eyes looking up at me with blueberry smudged on his cheek, smiling and telling me I was the Bestest Cook in the world.

This is the recipe that can take you back in time and make you smile. Enjoy!!


This is a copy of my actual dirty from use recipe card. I'm not sure if it'll be large enough to read, so I'll add it to the recipe box (under sweet stuff) first thing in the morning and come back here with a link...

Until then, I'm going to bed to dream of my sweet baby boy, the child who made me a mother, The child who makes me proud every day with the man he is becoming, the child who taught me what true love was really all about.


No comments: