Make Lemon Bars!!I love Lemon.
And these lemon bars are by far the best I've ever had!
In some places, it's starting to get cold outside...
Make some lemon bars and hold on to summer just a little bit longer!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 large beaten eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (optional)
- --mix the butter into the flour and sugar.
- --Mix with hands until it starts to hold together together.
- --Press into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- --Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- --For the filling/top, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice.
- --Sift together flour and baking powder.
- --Stir into egg mixture.
- --Pour over baked, cooled crust.
- --Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- --Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- --Cut into bars.