Monday, November 10, 2008

Amazing Taco Soup!

I have been kinda MIA the past several days because I really think I'm gonna die.....
Well.... maybe I'm not gonna die...
I just have had my moments wishing I could die.
Well... not really, I don't wanna die.
Who would water my garden if I died?
Who would quack to the ducks?
Who would love on the donkeys?
Who would lay on their belly and eat the wild chives in the yard?
ok .. so I agree.. I should not die right yet.

I have a terrible.. Horrible... excruciating Abscessed tooth.
Mt face is swollen. I haven't been able to sleep.
I haven't been able to eat.
I am not happy!

There is nothing I can do cept wait for the antibiotics to kick in.... **sigh**
Thank Goodness for Vicodin, or there would be NO peace at all in this house!
At least it gives me a hour of relief at a time.

After 4 days I decided I really needed to eat something.
I needed something comforting.
I needed something easy to chew.
So Worker #1 made one of my favorite soups of all time!
Yep.. he made it.. it's THAT easy!




Mom’s Taco Soup.


1lb lean ground beef.
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1, 28oz can tomatoes (un-drained)
1 can Rotel brand tomatoes & green chilies (optional)
1-2 packages Taco seasoning
1 package Ranch Dressing Mix
½ cup picante sauce
1, 6oz. Can tomato paste
2, 17oz cans corn (un-drained)
2, 15-16oz cans pinto beans (we use Ranch Style Beans)
2 cups water
Salt & pepper to taste

Shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
Tortilla chips.

Brown ground beef, onion & pepper, Drain.
Cut up tomatoes if using whole (I use diced) add tomatoes, with their juice, to the pot.
Add taco mix, ranch mix, picante sauce, tomato sauce, corn, beans, water, salt & pepper.

Simmer 1 hour.
Makes a large pot (approx 12 servings)

Serve in bowls, sprinkle with chips and shredded cheese.

Yummmmmm!!
This can also be made in the crock pot…. Easy Peasy!

1 comment:

Jane In The Jungle said...

Girl I am all over this, but then again I am all over anything that involves food!! And hope your tooth gets better FAST!!